Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcoming a new year!

It's hard to believe another year has come and gone! This has been an awesome beginning to 2011. I spent the entire day with my family, the most precious people in my life. I decided to do things differently this year. I typically cook a very nontraditional meal for New Year's Day, but this year I decided to be traditional. I am so glad I did! The meal was awesome. We enjoyed fried pork chops, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, and a chocolate heath bar cake featured on a blog I follow.

We also started a NEW tradition. I purchased a notebook this week. The cover reads, "I am Thankful". Today at our meal, we each wrote something we were thankful for today in the notebook. We will continue to do this the entire year and read it through on New Year's Eve 2011 and reflect back on the year's blessings. We were so excited as we wrote in the book that will be kept on our dining room table, as a gentle reminder to BE THANKFUL.

So as we begin this new year, my theme word will be: THANKFUL. I am going to try to look for the good in every situation, not dwell on what I don't have or what I need, but instead look around me and see just how blessed I am. "In everything give thanks..."

I hope you will all have a blessed 2011!

Did you begin new traditions or has God blessed you recently? Don't forget to just share it with others!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment